Video Files on Forum ×

CTK-7000

Hello everyone!

I have a CTK-7000. I really want the sound of rhodes in my keyboard, but I am not able to find it in my keyboard or find a sound comparable to it. Is there a link where I can download the rhodes sound specifically for my type of keyboard?

And also, I would really like some good chords or string sounds for the CTK-7000 because the ones I have vibrate too much, and no matter how much I modify them, it just doesnt come out right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

The best that you can do is to modify one of the existing EP or strings tones to your liking and save it as a User Tone, or download a User Tone from another user, but if it is the base wave sample that you do not care for, there is nothing you can do about that, as the wave samples in CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX units are stored in Read Only Memory (ROM) and can not be changed or replaced, and none of these keyboards is equipped with flash memory for the storage of expansion wave samples. 

One of the best strings treatments is to reduce the level and increase the attack and release times a bit for some overall "softening" to reduce their obvious brashness.

You might also want to check through the user submitted  tones in the file section of this forum to see if there is anything that would suit your needs.

The best alternative, short of purchasing a different keyboard would be to connect the CTK-7000 to a PC or laptop equipped with software for the playing of VST instruments and installing Rhodes and or strings samples on that.

If you should decide to change keyboards, you might want to consider a Roland unit.  The Fender Rhodes design was ultimately purchased from Fender by Roland, so most modern Roland keyboards have a fairly ample selection of vintage Rhodes tones.  Roland units are also known for their superb strings sounds.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

• Like 1