Audio Recording solo piano to USB

neren

I love my new PX-560, but I'm having trouble with one of the main features I bought it for. Whenever I record a piano solo onto my USB drive using the Audio Recording mode, once I put the .WAV file on my computer it is almost inaudibly quiet, even if the piano was turned up quite loud when I was recording. I can always boost it on the computer with an audio editor, but when I boost it to an acceptable level it usually ends up distorted or clipping, and even then lower notes cannot be heard very well. Does anyone have experience with this problem or know of a solution?

Thank you!

The USB recorders have enough "headroom" so loud passages don't distort - the trade-off, as you found out is the quietness of the softer passages. Most audio programs have a "Normalize" feature that will give better results than just boosting the audio.  If your doesn't, download the free program Audacity. Many have had great results using that. 

• Like 1

The USB recorders have enough "headroom" so loud passages don't distort - the trade-off, as you found out is the quietness of the softer passages. Most audio programs have a "Normalize" feature that will give better results than just boosting the audio.  If your doesn't, download the free program Audacity. Many have had great results using that. 

I'll try normalizing with Audacity when I get home, thanks for the tip.