SD card file not found

riad

I have wk7600. I am trying to play a music file from SD card. I did follow the instruction in the manual, but music file doesnt show when I put the SD card in the keyboard. I did the following

1. Format the SD card using the key board

2. Use data manager to convert the WAV file to the format key board likes. Used the audio tab in data manager. Dragged  my WAV file to the play only files list box. 

3. Now insert the sd card in the card slot of key board.

4. Press the card button of key board

5. keyboard screen shows "no file"

I have no clue why it doesnt show. I can see MUSICDAT folder when I plug in the sd card in my PC.

Any help will be much appreciated

riad

To play audio files from the SD Card, press the AUDIO PLAY button, select the file to playback with the DATA WHEEL or the - / + buttons, and then press the flashing START/STOP-PLAY/STOP button .  The CARD button is used, among other things, to play MIDI (.mid) files (NOT audio files) from the SD Card.

When WAV files are downloaded to the SD Card in the keyboard, the Data Manager software converts them to a Casio proprietary audio file format and stores them in a special hidden partition on the SD Card that is created when the SD Card is formatted in the keyboard.  Regular computer file manager software (Windows Explorer, etc) can not create or access this hidden partition.  That is the reason for formatting the SD Card in the keyboard, and is also the reason why you can not just copy WAV files into the MUSICDAT folder with a computer's operating system.  WAV files are not stored on the SD Card as standard (Windows) WAV files, and they are not stored in the MUSICDAT folder.

So far, that "No file" message that you have been getting when you press the CARD button is just indicating that you have no MIDI (.mid) files in the MUSICDAT folder to playback.  It does not indicate anything about audio files.  The MUSICDAT folder is also used for storing User Tones, User Rhythms. Registrations, etc - any of which CAN be copied into the MUSICDAT folder on a computer, or downloaded to it in the keyboard with the Data Manager software.

Enjoy the WK-7600 !

Regards,

Ted

• Like 1