Video Files on Forum ×

How Does One Block Non XW-P1 Midi Channels?

Greg-Montreal

Hi I am having trouble with MIDI into a P1.

The P1 is set to Channel 4 yet it is accepting changes (Performance Presets) sent to other Channels (1,2,3 etc) rather than to Channel 4.

I originally passed the signal through a px5s and thought that was the issue, but am still having the same issue using a MIDI thru device.

Does anyone know of a setting needed to stop the P1 from accepting MIDI intended for other Channels please?

I have tried Changing the ID as well and I have gone thorough the P1 changing all the MIDI settings individually and no luck, perhaps there is a combination?

I also need to figure out how to differentiate between the Performance Presets and the User Presets.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers, Greg

• 1 month later...

I believe I know what is causing your problem. Assuming you have set up your midi right:

The Xw-P1 has 4 midi channels in the form of zones 1-4. By default every zone's key range overlap, taking every single available key on your keyboard. This mean that all 4 channels will trigger simultaneously if the signal is received/sent. You need to:

1-Turn off zones 1-2-3

2-If you need the other zones active, then assign the desired key range on each zone so that they don't overlap on the same keys, and each zone triggers it's own channel independently.

For example:

I wanted to play a grand piano vst in FL studio on channel 2 and on channel 3 trigger an effect. If I remember correctly I turned off zone 1 and 4, assigned an almost full key range -1 (the very last key) to zone 2, and assigned only 1 key to channel 3 which was the very top end C.

I believe that's what I did. It's been about a year since I did it, but it goes somewhere along those lines.