Video Files on Forum ×

Privia X-120 No sound

pianomom

Happy New Year...

We have a Privia PX120- which has always sounded and worked great!  My daughter is 12 and takes piano lessons - we pretty much use this as a piano and we don't use all the settings - except to fool around a bit...

My daughter went to practice after Winter Break and there was no sound - not even through head phones... We can hear the demo song and metronome - but no sound when we press the keys...

I found the manual on the web - and tried turning on local control and turning off lock - not sure I did it correctly because I did not hear a sound to confirm - still no sound from keys... I called Casio and they told me to try the same things I tried from reading the manual.  He also suggested to reset by unplugging the piano a few hours to drain the power - which would reset to factory settings - no luck there either...

He suggest this forum - I am hoping it's just a matter of pressing some mysterious button - Please help!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Local control would have been my guess, but technically the piano does "reset" itself any time you turn it off and back on.  I suspect you have a physical issue somewhere between the keyboard itself and its sound engine.  This would explain why you can hear the demo songs - the sound engine is still working, but for whatever reason its not receiving input from the keyboard.  Unfortunately no mysterious button press can help you here. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, I have a casio privia px-120 and i use for my church worship practice at home and suddenly one day i was using and i left it on and when came back to play, it had low volume even when I turn the volume up. I have tried to switch it off and on but nothing has changed.

Its stills remain at a low volume like really low. I have e tried the manual but nothing works.

Can you help?

Thank you