New to 850 and Forum

seevee

Hi all,

I'm a new be here and are just getting into the Privia 850 and have a bunch of questions that I couldn't find answers to:

First, my goal is to use this for personal fun, playing it myself and playing recorded songs to help me learn and for enjoyment.

1. Is there any better source for figuring out how download music to a flash drive to play on the 850 other than the manual, which is confusing? Is the only kind of file that the 850 takes a .wav file? I tried to download a file from this forum to see if it would work, and came up with a Windows EXEC file that I can't convert. Are there files (songs) on this forum that will work, or do the different Casio products use different formats? I'm going to try to take a file from my iTunes, convert it to WAV and see if it works...should it?

2. Is there a good site for downloading music for this piano? WAV or otherwise? 

3. Playing back: How can I adjust the tempo for songs that I play back, manual says I can, but doesn't work? Also, the manual implies that I can change the tone of the playback music (adjust the whole tone up or down so it matches the keyboard, so I can play with it. How is this done?

Thanks much for help. Great little piano for the home. Just wish it was a bit more user friendly.

Seevee

Privia PX 850

Max OS 10.9.5

1)The 850 will play .mid files (format 0) or .wav files from USB drive.  WAV is audio files (think CD audio). MID is like a "piano roll" program for musical instruments.  

2)Tons of free .mid files are on the internet.  They are usually not the best quality however. 

3)Tempo will only work for mid files, not audio wav files.