CASIO CDP-130 to PC

talmeb

A couple I use are Amsynth and ZynAddSubFX.  Both open source synths and free as in beer.

http://www.linuxsynths.com/

Don't let the Linux scare ya.  A lot of Linux software has been ported to Windows versions as well.  Check each one's download page.

Also there are plenty of freeware VSTi plugins out there.  Just google "Free VSTi" and "Free VSTi Host" and you'll find literally hundreds of instruments you can plug in.

Also if you want to use soundfont based synths google Fluidsynth and Qsynth.

Gary ;)

A couple I use are Amsynth and ZynAddSubFX.  Both open source synths and free as in beer.

http://www.linuxsynths.com/

Don't let the Linux scare ya.  A lot of Linux software has been ported to Windows versions as well.  Check each one's download page.

Also there are plenty of freeware VSTi plugins out there.  Just google "Free VSTi" and "Free VSTi Host" and you'll find literally hundreds of instruments you can plug in.

Also if you want to use soundfont based synths google Fluidsynth and Qsynth.

Gary ;)

Thank you Gary

• 11 months later...

Sustain does seem a bit short... although it is not terrible.   Piano sound, in my opinion is a huge step up from my old Kurzweil.  Just wish there was some sort of modulation button/wheel for the organs.  They sound great, I just wish I could figure out a way to get that great leslie whurl 

I agree that short sustain is not a huge problem at all.
I did not say that CDP sounds bad, I said to my ears PX by far more advanced.
PX (I assume CDP) has built-in support for MIDI codes controlling modulation.
You can check this in any DAW.
However neither modulation, resonance or cut-off frequency have been designed to be used on this model (s).
I've tried to control them from external controller- no use.
Rotary effects(Leslie) - you better to look for Hammond. They have great line of products (SK-models) That would be the best solution - real drawbar organ with a pedalboard.