Video Files on Forum ×

Download to Musicdat...what is this?

bjork

--My synth won't be in until this Thursday but I was downloading some sounds for it now and placing them in a folder on my computer, it was not until I had downloaded several files that I noticed the message to download into the MusicDat area. Is that on the keyboard itself or a program I need to download?
Thanks for everything..
Scott

If Brad's technique doesn't work-put the SD card in the XW if it isn't already, find the format command in the XW, and format the SD card in the XW itself if you haven't already done that.This will create the Musicdat folder on the card for you. Page E-75 in the manual describes this if you need to look at that. Push "settings" button then up/down cursor to "format", hit enter and done. Another weird thing might be helpful as you add more stuff. Every type of data you can create and save in the XW-sounds, hex layers, organ tones, audio files-all go in the same folder. If you make a "subfolder" inside the musicdat folder and then put sounds or anything in the subfolder-the XW will not see it. It will be as if it isn't there when you try to load it into the XW. just a little detail, but could drive you crazy if you didn't understand this.

Thanks to everyone for the advice it certainly is appreciated. My synth came in a day early so I had some time yesterday to get to know it and I do like it. It's got a different timbre quality than my Krome and Kurzweil so it's going to take some getting used to but I think it'll be great for my wife to use as a sound source for her iPad app she's using in the band.
I can't wait to start programming it myself but for now taking advantage of the great sounds others have thankfully done will be plenty.
One area I have always been seriously deficient in is programming drums, I am a complete dunce when it comes to that so given that we have no drummer in the trio I have to depend on the Korg and Kurzweil's pre-made rhythms, they are okay but you have to fit the song to them instead of the other way. I noticed some on the Casio while going through the presets but can't find them, I must be looking in the wrong place. Beat Buddy here I come!! LOL