LK-300 TV

Deante

I recently started using the LK-300 TV as a midi keyboard for making music. I used the driver found on Casios website. The problem is that whenever I release a note, another note plays. As you can imagine, this makes making music very difficult. Can someone please help me?

This would not be a driver issue.  You apparently have some type of MIDI "loop" going.  Go into whatever software you are connected to in your computer and turn off MIDI "Thru" or MIDI "Echo".  Also, if you do not want the LK-300 TV to make sound in addition to your software program, then go into the LK-300's MIDI set up and turn off "Local".

• Like 1

This is helpful information but the problem is that i dont know how to do any of that.

It should be explained in the manuals that came with your software and your keyboard.  Turning "Local" OFF on the LK-300TV is explained at the top of the left hand column on Page E-51 of the manual.  If you turn that off (It is ON, by default.) and still have the problem, this would indicate that you are getting some kind of a MIDI echo from your software.

this would make sense if this was a consistent issue. But its not. The keyboard will work fine for a few moments then it would start freaking out.

These symptoms ARE consistent with a MIDI feedback loop.