Video Files on Forum ×

Transpose Button

Okay, I admit I am being lazy. I haven't rechecked the manual.. it's late, and whilst reading some other posts I was reminded of something I wanted to check out and thought I would fire the question here.... but please ignore if this is easily found out elsewhere.

I was basically wondering what the transpose button was for. I can transpose using the + and - keys alongside the transpose button, but I have prodded the transpose a few times and it doesn't actually seem to do anything. Im thinking I have a broken button and guessing it has some effect on the transpose beyond the octave shifts of the + -  .... but in case I am not going nut's.. is it really possible it does nothing?

Thanks Brad. 

Well I am happy to admit where I have glaring holes in my keyboard knowledge, and this is obviously one of those areas. I have never transposed in anything other than octaves, but obviously just because I havent done it I shouldn't have presumed it isn't done. Thanks for that, and sorry for being such a thicky.  :unsure:

I also see I could have found this in the manual.... I apologise once again.. I was being very lazy at the time.