Assign external Audio In to zone?

Scal3r

I saw on the XM synth blog a reference to assigning the 1/8 external audio in jack to a performance zone. How do you accomplish this? I'm not seeing it referenced in the manual. I do see here you can set the tone but those appear to be the standard tone list only, not an external auidio source.

My goal by the way is to be able to play along to songs I'm playing from my Iphone/Ipad. I do see where you can also use the ext instrument jack with solo synth but I don't want to do that. I want to to specifically use the 1/8 audio in jack and use in performance mode.

Thanks

Scal3r

Yes that's correct. I want to use the Audio in [stereo] 3.5mm jack. How do I go about doing this?

And I hope you don't say just plug it in and hit play :) I tried that and it it didn't seem to work so I'm thinking I have to setup something for the audio in sound to be mixed with the keyboard sound. Now I've only tried in 'Tone' mode so maybe that was my issue. I'm away on travel this week so can't test but I read the manual and nothing about using the audio in.

And again in the Casio XW synth blog it states that you assign the audio in to a zone. So I'm asking how does one do this?

Thanks

scal3r

...And I hope you don't say just plug it in and hit play

Well, actually yeah, the 'Audio in' works for me in all modes. :huh: (There is no way to affect it on the keyboard either in volume or On/Off)

I plugged in an MP3 player and I could hear it no matter what mode I was in. The MP3 volume needs to be quite high. Equivalent to 'Line-in' on most audio equipment I guess.

The 'Mic in' also works in all modes and obviously has higher gain.

[in SoloSynth, if you have the 'Ext' included as an Oscillator then it will only sound when you press a key]

If you can't hear the Mic input in other modes make sure its not dissabled it in the Mixer.

Press MIXER then 'Part -' repeatedly until you are all the way at the (left) end which will have the title 'Ext'

There you can turn it ON/OFF and also change the volume.

(Don't forget the actual 'Mic volume' knob on the back next to the input)

Hope that helps...