About the keys

Peter

I have an XW-P1 for about 7 months, and some of my keys "squeak" a little. Anybody else have the same issues? I fear that few years from now my keys would be in a really bad shape. Can they be repaired or replaced? Just thinking ahead.

And I have another issue:

At my local music store I saw a XW-G1. Unfortunately it wasn't plugged in so I just randomly hit some keys. To my surprise, the keyboard action felt different than on my P1. The G1's keys were "spongy" and a little bit harder to press than the keys on my P1. Is this normal or both keyboards should have the same keys and same keyboard action?

I hope you understand what I am talking about, English is not my native language :).

None of my P1 keys "squeak"

If its a real problem for you, there is a lubricating/cleaning spray you can get which is designed to use with electronics.

Look for: "Servisol Super 10"

I had a CTK-7000 before the XW-P1 and I liked the key feel of the CTK a bit more but its not a big deal for me. I do wish the keys were a bit harder to push as its VERY easy to accidentally press a flat or sharp when your finger is between them.

I had a CTK-7000 before the XW-P1 and I liked the key feel of the CTK a bit more but its not a big deal for me. I do wish the keys were a bit harder to push as its VERY easy to accidentally press a flat or sharp when your finger is between them.

You are totally right. I thought that after the piano, the P1 would be a real breeze for me to play. The keys are indeed very easy to press, and I can play really fast pieces with ease, BUT I must be much more precise and careful than on my piano. And that is kinda cool :).

I'd be very cautious about spraying anything aerosol into your keyboard if I were you. Anything petroleum based might actually discolor or even dissolve the keys.

One thing that is rated safe for plastics and rubbers is silicone lubricant spray. Squirt a bit on the underside of a key in a non visible spot first to see if there is any reaction or discoloration.

If that still scares you, then the safest thing to do is blow a little talcum powder into the key hinge to get rid of the squeak. That stuff is safe for both plastics and electronics.

I think I will ask the guys at the music store if they can do something. Don't want to mess with it myself, it's under warranty, and who knows when will Murphy's Law strike :).

Anyways, thanks for the help guys, at least I know there is a solution to my problem.