Video Files on Forum ×

Driver PX-410-R Windows 10

https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=75

This is the 32-bit version. If you need the 64-bit version.

https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=72

Casio only lists this up to Windows 7 but no reason it shouldn't work with Windows 10.  I have the PX575-even with my newer 560, the 575 is still a keeper in my pocket- the WK3800 and even rarer WK8000 are the only older Casios quite like it. Have you done any samples with it? The IDES 4.0 data editor is really nice-full synth programming, virtual drawbars on-screen and a full sample editing program-maybe not as in-depth as some-but if you edit wav files with Audacity or similar, the PX easily maps these on your keys. I've managed to store a sampled drumkit, 2 woodwinds and a "comedy" selection-voice samples- across the keyboard, and still have some memory left. 

Jokeyman123, thank you. I had some success downloading the 64-bit version from that link you gave. After installing the driver, I added my PX-410R keyboard to Studio One  External Devices, and recorded some MIDI. This is a big breakthrough! 

Next question: I would like to record/playback the keyboard to/from the DAW, as a wav file, or similar audio file. I have the Casio manual, which says go to http://music.casio.com. I'm looking for data management software, and have found SMF converter (see attachment) - is this what I need? 

RoJoe

Casio site data management.jpg

Just a couple of things that might be helpful regarding this question-well maybe a bit more than a couple!

You can record the audio out from the PX575 by connecting its headphone jack with the proper connecting cable directly to your computer if it has a 1/8" (computer standard) stereo input jack, most computers do, even my older laptops have this. Now you can use any computer software to record the audio out and save it as a wavfile for playing through a DAW. I use Audacity for recording audio. Audacity will also convert the wavfile to an mp3 if you want to do that-saves on file size for playing with the computer or any mp3 player. Normally one would use the keyboard's line-out 1/4" connectors for connecting to any mixing console, digital recorder etc. but as long as you keep the PX575 volume reasonable-maybe about half-way, you shouldn't overdrive the recording. The headphone out puts a hotter signal than line-outs into whatever you record to so watch your recording level.

Now onto the IDES Internet Data Expansion system-version 4.0 for the PX575.

The SMF converter is a separate program that you actually do not need except for one exception-I am now talking about midi data, not audio data. When you record a song with the PX575 song recorder-the 6 track midi recorder-you have the option to save it as a standard midi file (smf) but it automatically saves it as a "proprietary" Casio songfile-I don't have it in front of me now but I think it is automatically saved as a "CM2", not a standard midi file. Why both choices? When the song recorder file is saved in Casio's CM2 format-it is still midi data, and can be edited and saved as that using the internal mixer and other settings included in the PX575 operating system. You cannot edit this file with external software, only with the PX575.

Now we get to the SMF. And this is very handy, one of the more useful parts of the PX. You can import and play SMF files (labelled .mid)-by simply transferring any smf midi file saved in your computer to the sd card-in the "musicdat" folder. Now you can play any of these which will show in the PX575 screen when you select song play and the correct button pushes-the scroll arrows up and down give you the option as to which midi file to load and play on the PX. You cannot edit those smf's once in the PX575 internal memory, this must be done with software first. Sort of backwards to the CMS file which can only be edited with the PX575.

So why the smf converter? Only one reason-if you wish to convert an smf-from your computer collection of smf's-to the CM2 format-so you can either edit it within the PX575, or use it for the lesson functions, or split/layer-any function that cannot normally be called upon if the PX575 has loaded a standard midi file-these can only be played using the song recorder/player function-although you can still play live over the smf while it is playing.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation but really no way around it if you want to understand how much you can do with the PX575.  The IDES 4.0 is the real magic for this keyboard. You are on the right website to download and install it. Thay is what you need to use the virtual drawbars onscreen, the sample editor/creator and the data transfer functions-although much of your mid and song files can simply be copied directly to/from your SD card if you have an SD card reader on your computer. Make sure you get the full manual for the IDES 4.0 software-doesn't look like much initially, but once you start opening up the 3 separate tabs and understanding what you can do with this-really brings out the power of this PX575.

One thing to be aware of-the PX575 uses midi track assignements unique to its recorder, which usually do not match the track assignments of smf files which are usually assigned to the "GM" general midi track assignments, so you may have to re-assign track "tones" on the PX575, or re-assign track midi channel numbers with your software befroe playing with the PX575-this is only necessary with multiple track arrangements, not single track midi files. If you save a standard CM2 song recorder song as a CM2, it keeps the track assignments you originally used which are channels 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16. SMF's mostly use midi channel 10 for drums/percussion so the drum parts in an smf will almost always play on the wrong track or not at all on the PX575 unless you change the drum track to midi channel 11-16 to play on the PX575. I forgot how I had to do this-I think this is where the smf converter is useful-you would need to save the .mid smf file to CM2 with the smf converter-transfer it into the PX575 and now you can fully edit anything you need to get it to play perfectly with the PX575 drumkits and whatever tones ytou select with the mixer-and re-save your edit as a CM2 or .mid.

You can as I've said earlier in this post-save your song recorder song, convert it to a standard midi file (smf or .mid)  within the PX575-it is now on your SD card where you can bring it into your computer, edit it with any midi software editor/DAW and bring it back into the PX to play along with it as it plays through. I often import classical midi files I've collected so I can hear these on the PX in order to memorize pieces by listening-one of my students taught himself to play like this-no notation, just listening-not so easy for some I would guess!  Hope this helps-if you can't find the manual download for the IDES 4.0. I seem to remember I had to download it separately from the IDES 4.0 software-get back to me and I'll post it here.  Finally-if all this seems to complex-its because this is a surprisingly deep keyboard even for new but you need to spend some time learning it-which has always been part of the fun for me. Now back to practicing my kazoo and slide whistle, a heck of alot less complex!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...