Video Files on Forum ×

Changing Instrument Voices In Casio Chord Fingering Mode

I just got a new WK-7600. I have no keyboard experience so until I learn to play chords properly and quickly I am using the "Casio Chord" option 4 under "Selecting a Chord Fingering Mode".  Is it possible to change the instrument voicing that is used for the chords?

You are talking about revoicing a preset Rhythm, and then saving it as a User Rhythm.  This is done with the "Easy Edit" mode of the WK-7600's Pattern Sequencer.  You will find instructions for doing this beginning on Page E-112 of the User's Guide.  There are six sections to a complete Rhythm: INTRO / NORMAL / FILL-TO-NORMAL / VARIATION / FILL-TO-VARIATION / ENDING.  If you want your revoicing to be consistent throughout all modes of the Rhythm, you will need to make the same change in ALL sections of the Rhythm, with the exception of the INTRO and ENDING.  They can NOT be changed.  There is no "global" edit that will automatically apply a change across all sections of a rhythm.  You must make them individually in each section that you want changed.  You select the sections to edit with the same buttons that you use to "play" the various sections.  That is, once you have the Rhythm to be edited loaded into the Pattern Sequencer, you press the NORMAL/FILL-IN button ONCE to edit the NORMAL section.  You press it TWICE to edit the FILL-TO-NORMAL section.  You press the VARIATION/FILL-IN button ONCE to edit the VARIATION section, and press it TWICE to edit the FILL-TO-VARIATION section.  When you are finished with your edits, save your edited Rhythm to a User Rhythm.

Good luck !