Video Files on Forum ×

CASIO CDP-220R 1 finger chords different from Yamaha?

PEDROFSKY

My daughter is learning keyboard at school and we have just swapped our little Yamaha keyboard at home to a Casio digital piano.

However the keys she needs to press for some of the one fingered chords are totally different from the old keyboard and the school Yamaha keyboards (mostly minor chords).

Has anyone encountered this or does anyone know how to re-program the Casio?

Thanks
Peter, Scotland

Sorry, Peter, but the "1 Finger Chord" fingering schemes of ALL keyboards, that offer that feature, are fixed by the keyboard's design, and can not be changed or reprogrammed.  Moving to a board, that uses a different fingering scheme, requires a re-learning process.  There is no accepted "standard".  If you were to check similar boards from Korg and Roland, I am sure you would find, at least, some significant differences, yet, from Casio and Yamaha.  Each manufacturer designs a scheme that they determine is easiest to learn and play.  Then, there are the "purists", who would argue that "1 finger chord" schemes should never be used, as they teach bad habits, but since I am not one of those, and since that was not the point of your question, I would ask those of that persuasion to please refrain from hijacking this thread and heading us down that never ending path.  We are not here to dictate behavior, but rather to simply assist user/owners with specific questions about their particular keyboard models. 

In case you have not yet found it, the "Casio Chord" fingering scheme for the CDP-220R can be found in the table in the right hand column on Page E-39 of the manual.

Good luck to you and your daughter with mastering your new keyboard.

• Thanks 1