Video Files on Forum ×

Overall settings - How to ?

JohnS

I've just bought a CTK-7200, and am now getting to know it.

I've only had it for two days.

I find it impossible to establish bespoke parameters which would apply with all styles.

For example, with a split keyboard, the volume of the left hand is the same as the right hand - i.e. out of balance.

Following the handbook, I can alter this for a specific style, but when I change style or switch off the volume levels revert.

I have tried to do this as an overall parameter fix, to no avail.

Can anyone tell me how to do this successfully?

Thanks in advance.

See AccompVol midway down the left hand column on Page E-133 of the manual for setting the global accompaniment volume via the FUNCTION menu (by pressing the Function button).  Once you have this set, and all the other settings you would like the keyboard to power up into, see Default (Default Settings) in the lower half of the left hand column of Page E-134 for saving (Store) these settings as the power up defaults.  If you miss a setting on this, or get something wrong, just power up the keyboard into your current defaults, and without changing anything else, go immediately to the setting you want to change, make your changes, then do another Defaults > Store.  When the keyboard first powers  up, you have all of your current power up defaults available to you.  For a general reference on this, see the Parameter List on Page E-162.  Any item (Parameter) with a circle in Column 3 is saved (Stored) as a power up default.

If the above does not resolve your problem, your options are to adjust the levels of all the different Parts (09-16) of the Rhythm with the Mixer and save the results as a User Rhythm ("Style" is a Yamaha term.), or adjust the AccompVol of the particular Rhythm and save it as part of a Registration.  You have a 7XXX model, so you have 96 Registrations and 100 User Rhythm slots, which is a major advantage over its 6XXX counterparts with only 32 and 10.

• Like 1