Video Files on Forum ×

PX-350 TAKEXX.WAV Sound Level Wave Forms

I took the same section of music and cut and pasted it in Sound Forge to show the levels of .wav files that I tried to use, and the output level to a flash drive playing the same song with the Px-350's internal settings.

The first waveform on the left is the file I copied off a DVD and placed on a USB flash drive to play along with on the 350.  This is the file, and it's unaltered level (volume knob set at 12:00 o'clock) that blew the internal circuit breaker in the 350 and it went "black".  It came back on again when I pressed the ON/OFF button again, and the speakers seem ok.

The second waveform (middle one) is the first one again (after I had learned), but with a 50% cut in the volume level for the file.  It is still to HOT to play along with on the 350.  To keep this file from overwhelming the speakers, you have to set the 350's volume knob to about the 9:00 o'clock position, and then you can't hear the piano when you play.

The last waveform on the right is the same song again, but recorded to the USB flash drive from the PX-350's internal system.  This file plays back fine on the 350 at "normal" listening levels, and you can hear both the playback and piano at the same level.  I can barely hear the last file when I play it on my laptop in Sound Forge or Media Player with the volume turned all the way up. Click on the file to see full screen.  Don't worry, there are no bugs in it, I would not do that to this forum.

This should give you a good idea of what you will be dealing with when you try to use .WAV files as the source for song play back accompaniment.  If you don't "cut" the volume with an audio editing program first, you will over drive the Px-350's system and pop the circuit breaker, if you haven't blown a speaker too when this happens.  I haven't tried this with "amped" auxiliary speakers, but the PX-350's "outs" may really test their limits if you inadvertently play a .WAV file that hasn't been limited to something the 350 can deal with.

post-247-0-10352000-1365723614_thumb.png

• Like 1