Video Files on Forum ×

Why i love it so much

Hi  forum, if anyone on the forum has read any of my post, you probably know by now that I think the xw-p1 is one of the top ten keyboards of all time. Some may say that's a bit much, so I thought I would explain.   First the sounds, the pads and leads are among the best out there (tweak em) they have a nice balance of analog and pcm vibe.in most cases they surpass analog mono or poly synths, except filter sweeps. I owned a Yamaha motif 6 (original) had to sell It in oct, 2012 to help pay for my moms funeral, but the pads and leads on the xw-p1 sound better to my ears than the motif. The xw-p1 has its own sound but also sounds like other synths .Nice ,phat and well rounded, except the dist, guitars, and overdrive guitars.   Second ,the step seq.   My motif had a pattern seq, but it was to much a linear type seq, (what you play ,what you get.) The xw-p1 has a way better pattern seq, its like what the original korg karma tried to be, that is to say that the original karma function wasn't programmable , I have got unpredictable results from the xw-p1 step seq by going against the grid, and theres other ways in the seq to vastly alter your seq. You could just goof off in the step seq and get really cool results. You can collaborate with the xw-p1 seq and create things and go in directions you may not have thought of, The mark of a great groove box. Third,  its light and truly portable,  Fourth, the xw-p1 is a little bit of everything , performance synth, anaolog like synth, workstation, arranger,  mixer.  Fith,  value, I got my xw-p1 factory refurbished for 350, it was like brand spanking new, but even at the going price of 4 to 5 hundred dollars its still a nice price. Sixth, the look, its like an arp 2600 and a ufo had a baby, the coolest looking synth ever. Of course ,this is just one mans opinion.

• Like 3