Video Files on Forum ×

How to make an elevated desktop music stand

Nomadness

Hi folks...

Thought I would post a link to this here, to help anyone who needs to place a music stand behind the PX-5S without using a tripod floor-mount. Basically, I took a standard Manhasset black aluminum table-top stand (Model #53) and raised it by five inches... the lip is just above the back of the board, and it does not interfere with cables. As an added bonus, the legs fold out of the way for packing or stowage... that was a key issue for my studio (which is aboard a sailboat, where space is at a premium).

Here is a little how-to article with photos:

https://microship.com/how-to/music-stand-px-5s-digital-piano/

Cheers!
Steve

Edited by Nomadness
(URL updated - site moved from nomadness to microship, and old one was giving an error page

Steve, thanks for these great instructions which I stumbled across a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to building last night. I wanted it a little higher so sanded down a 1-foot 3/4" dowel for the rear leg and halved a 69c yardstick from Lowes for the front struts. The resulting elevated stand works fine and will look better when I get around to painting the wood!

Sounds good, Redwave! If you like to send a photo sometime, I might add it to the page... would be fun to show a few other peoples' versions to help visualize alternatives. Do you find the yardstick stiff enough when the stand is heavily loaded?