Video Files on Forum ×

Bruno Locked

jimmyjames

File Name: Bruno Locked

File Submitter: jimmyjames

File Submitted: 16 Sep 2013

File Category: PX-5S Stage Settings

This is a four zone Stage Setting. From the bottom to the top of the keyboard, it contains a hex layer sawtooth bass sound (Zone 2), the hook sound used during the chorus (Zone 4), Ahh's to cover back up vocals during the bridge - chorus (Zone 3) and, finally, the top note is a hand clap (Zone 1). Other sound effects including woop's and huh's are covered by my Nord.

I am having a problem recalling a portamento parameter that is on the hook/Zone 4 tone. It is enabled when I save it as well as when I recall it, but the portamento is not functional on recall unless I disable and re-enable the portamento. This is located in the Tone Edit - Portamento menu (make sure you are in Zone 4).

Click here to download this file

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Thanks so much for this!

I do have a couple (noob) questions:

I feel like the gliss on the bottom zone should be wider. I can play around with the settings in the data editor, but I'm wondering what you use.

Also, in the "official" video there is that "scratching" sound performed on a drum pad. Any suggestions how to accomplish the same thing on the 5s?

scotpgot, my band jettisoned this song long ago so I would have to reload it to check out the gliss issue.  By wider you mean slower?  I think think scratching sound you refer to is one of the sounds that was on the Nord so no advice how to add that to the PX-5S.  I remember feeling like a puppeteer playing this...jumping from zone to zone and keyboard to keyboard...it was all hands on deck.  Hope you get it sorted out.  I found the best way to learn the PX-5S architecture was just to dive in and tweak until you figured out what everything did.  I went from editing from the board to the data editor then back to the board.  I'm now rusty on all fronts.  It's a great keyboard with tremendous capabilities...but no doubt it is a learning process to get where you want to go.  Good luck!

scotpgot...I checked the SS out.  I am guessing you are trying to play that acidic sounding octave or so glide sound leading into the chorus and are trying to use the sound that is for the hook line during the chorus.  That sound was not intended to be used for that purpose...I have the octave glide sound on my Nord.  The hook line sound is in Zone 4 and is a melody tone.  It is set up to glide (portamento) slightly between notes therefore the amount of glide will be determined by the location of the previously played note....if it's only a step away you won't notice much. 

Since this setting already uses all four zones, if you want to get that octave glide sound you would have to dump one of the sounds in the current SS to create it.  You can probably get rid of the hand clap in zone 1 (let your drummer figure that one out) and create a hex layer in that zone....I am betting you can get pretty close.  That would be a great project for you to learn how to use many aspects of the PX-5S.