Video Files on Forum ×

In search of sonic society.

This is what free time at hand can do finally put my creativity into the max. 

First NightScreech a song with screaming solosynth accompanied by the excellent drum kits bass and snare drums 

the G1 has to offer its a loud one, As usual I do one take of my music so its not clean I especially love the screaming 

around 3.20 of this one. I've layered the drums into the sample looper using bass drum and snare drum kits took me 

a few attemps to get it right. For cymbals and hihat the Solo patches for G1 and RZ also available in the G1.

Next up is another Performance mode patch took me quiet a while its not finished yet so to figure how to do it I made a 

demo song to get a few idea's. I manage to hook my mpx8 on the G1 for nice low abass drum. 

I've recorded first layer into my four track recorder this layer is the performance patch with step sequence.

the next track I the four track effect vocalfx1 and used motion vox p79  on it which give a nice centered fx sound and 

played this track through.

The last track I've used marimba glocken , recorder , ocarina and seq.square , seq.pulse on top the end where the vox 

ended it isn't smooth as much I'm trying out sounds that top each other off nicely.

Daymotion files are available for download its a work in progress.

Darkhouse NightScreech.MP3

Electronic - DayMotion low ESP.MP3

• Like 3

Excellent work. Have you done the songs only with XW-G1? The song "Darkhouse NightScreech" could end immediately. CONGRATULATIONS. :D

Thanks David and yes all sound come from XW-G1 only, I've used solosynth for bass and the G1 drumkits then recorded it in sample looper. The screeching solosynth is for download I called it "circuitbend". I've recorded many samples just with the sample looper. But am starting to get the hang of making nice and clean drumbeats by setting the velocity of each drum to an appropriate level.

I listened to and commented on these tracks the other day when they showed up in my soundcloud inbox.  You work some nice sounds into your tunes.  Color me impressed.

Merry Xmas,

Gary

Thanks Its a first that I worked with performance mode stuff usually I do stuff in a DAW and  sequence everything which kills creativity, now I can do one take and play on top I've discovered sound morphing using nrpn and sliders.  My second version of the daymotion performance is also in the works added a demo of that one. Needles to say i'm getting more done since I have a few weeks more time at hand now(yay vacation). 

And Merry Xmas all :)

• Like 1

I use a XW-P1. I don't know how I could collaborate with you... Sorry ^_^

something like one of us makes a drum loop a few bars long put it on mp3 send it to each other so one can do melody and another one does bass etc back and forth only if time lends a hand off course it could take a few weeks :) 

• Like 1

something like one of us makes a drum loop a few bars long put it on mp3 send it to each other so one can do melody and another one does bass etc back and forth only if time lends a hand off course it could take a few weeks :)

I have no idea how to do what you explain... but at some point is to start. :lol:

B) Ah! Darkhouse NightScreech song has triumphed in this holiday season. We went crazy dancing! The song liked to my friends.

Darkhouse NightScreech has been very successful among my friends. The song was repeated again and again, again and again... it's a hit!

Thank you!

:D