Video Files on Forum ×

Trouble with midi/usb sync settings.

splinters

Best that I describe the set up first.

I have PX-5S as a master keyboard which I have connected to my Macbook via USB. I want to use the internal arpeggiation of some tracks but I want them to sync with Logic so I set Clock to Slave at which point the arpeggiators stop playing I just hear the sound on one track. I had this problem last year and solved it somehow but I can come back to that later.

Now, I have my Korg Volca Beats attached to the PX's Midi Out and then I have three other Volcas all sync'd to each other via CV. All the Volcas work fine....if I have the PX Sync mode set to Master as it follows the internal clock of the PX.

However, if I set Sync to Slave, the Volca drops back to whatever tempo it has set on the unit and everything is out of sync.

I set Midi Out to USB, USB Out to Key, turned on Midi In Enable and enabled USB In.

Now all those settings seem to make sense to me but no sync.

So in a nutshell, how do I get the PX-5S to transit midi clock information received via USB out through the MIDI out port? Ideally while still being able to use the PX as a keyboard to input notes into Logic.

Thanks in advance.

splinters,

Just to make sure your intentions are correct, by Setting MIDI Out to USB, that would route anything coming in from USB In to the 5 pin midi out.

USB out to KEY mean anything played on the physical keys or initiated by the PX-5s will go to the USB out.

So, if the PX-5s 5 pin midi out  is connected to the Korg Volca beats, then whatever the MAC is sending through the USB will go to the Korg. 

Is this your plan?