Video Files on Forum ×

Versatile Tones / Articulations / Realism

Tson

I think Yamaha went overboard with its SA - I found my Tyros to be a nightmare with SAs cutting in without any control by me. Korg has a much better implementation giving the player better control.
MZ?? - well for the price it has many fantastic features some of which I would love on my Korgs!!!

I am however getting worried about its future - have Casio dropped it already? It was Aus$1,999 RRP and street Aus$1,699 just a short while ago - today it is Aus$799 (that's USD 575) !!!!!!!!!

Is it all over - no more updates? A new model??? Is Casio serious about the MZ from a future point of view or was it just a one-off attempt to do what no other manufacturers have done - that is, "a great workstation with a great arranger functions"????

Cheers

Pete 😀

59 minutes ago, Muso7 said:

It was Aus$1,999 RRP and street Aus$1,699 just a short while ago - today it is Aus$799 (that's USD 575) !!!!!!!!!

Is it all over - no more updates? A new model???

Just brought one for £350  the other day (albeit an open box version) I was also asking if it is still considered to be a current product by Casio. it still seems to be featured on their website.

On 1/4/2018 at 9:30 AM, AlenK said:

On the downside {PA600}...lacks the MZ-X500's 4x4 matrix of velocity-sensitive pads, doesn't do its own audio sampling and has less memory for user samples (96MB vs 256MB). {Also} the PA600 doesn't have a equivalent to Hex Layer mode it allows up to 24 oscillators per voice before filtering.  

PA600 also lacks the tonewheel organ mode, or any real-time hard knobs and sliders, or a line input, or audio recorder (I think), and it weighs about 50% more. Also not even counting the more configurable hexlayers, Casio lets you quickly split/layer 4 of its sounds at a time, Korg supports just 3 (2 Upper, 1 Lower). Each board has its strengths, which brings me to...

3 hours ago, Muso7 said:

what no other manufacturers have done - that is, "a great workstation with a great arranger functions"????

I think maybe the Casio is closer to a workstation with arranger features, and the Korg is more of an arranger with workstation features?