Video Files on Forum ×

Using Line In For Second Keyboard

mitchelljay

Yes.  There is a 1/8" audio input and two 1/4" line inputs (left and right) on the PX-560.  You can connect different input signals to each simultaneously and everything (keyboard, input 1, and input 2 signals) will output to the L/R line out jacks.  The 1/8" input has a small knob next to it where you can adjust the input signal.  The main keyboard volume control will not affect this input signal.  For the other two 1/4" line inputs, the main volume knob controls what you can hear.  Of course, you want to make sure all your input signals are at the appropriate levels.  I am not sure if I explained that very well, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

One additional comment and question about line inputs.  There was another thread a while back asking about FX and line input.  Mike Martin commented that this was one of those unfortunate "specifications are subject to change without notice" issues but it was a honest mistake made by the team that did the manual. 

I read another thread that mentioned and showed a snapshot of firmware v1.15. 

I don't see this firmware posted on the Casio website yet.  Anyone know when/if it will be posted on the website and if it may have line input with FX capability?