Video Files on Forum ×

CASIO PRIVIA 330

CHUCK

Chuck

Welcome to the forum!

If you have verified that the power outlet, that you are connecting the power adapter to, is working (ie. no tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse, etc.), you most likely have a defective power adapter, but it could also be a defective main circuit board inside the PX-330, or simply a bad power switch.  If you purchased it locally, I would recommend taking it and the power adapter back there for some simple swap tests - connect the power adapter for their floor model to your PX, or try powering up their floor model PX with your power adapter.  Lacking the ability to do that, your option is going to be pretty much limited to taking/sending the PX and its power adapter to a Service Center for testing/repair, unless you (or a friend/acquaintance) have the expertise and equipment for checking the power adapter's output yourself.  Do you frequently disconnect the power adapter from the PX and wrap the cord around the adapter?  If so, you most likely have broken wires in the power adapter lead(s).  Wrapping the cord around the power adapter is THE number one cause of broken power adapter leads.  We learned that from laptop computer power adapters.  You won't necessarily see this type of damage, because the copper wires simply break inside the vinyl insulation, while the insulation usually remains intact and hides the damage.  Once you have determined whether the PX or the power adapter is defective, you can better determine where to proceed from there.

Best of luck with this!

- T -

• 3 weeks later...

T

Greetings and thank you;

This keyboard is still in near mint condition, rarely used,  always stored in it's case,  just failed to power

up one day after a months storage.  Last year I had a few weights of the lower octave reset due to a

fall on a carpet after that it seemed okay.   The adapter is  a duo -corded unit with  a  slide panel on

the base  point  where they plugs together,..i never seemed to notice this before,  hopefully its  ok.

Your advise is welcomed, I have located a replacement adapter online. same one  not too expensive.

As you said ill try to see if the original one functions at some shop. If not ill,   seek out the new cord.

the part # is ;AC for CASIO 12V adapter AD-A12150LW  found on amazon for about $30 bucks.

I seek into this and return a post !

THANKS  T !