Video Files on Forum ×

Transpose display CDP 130

Hi

I just wondering  if a device is available that connects to midi out that can display the transpose settings for my  CDP130 when I change them on the keyboard. I know that this feature is usually on higher priced  models. I have considered connecting my Korg midi controller to midi in to control it as this has an led display that shows the transpose setting.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Stuart

Stuart

The problem is, when you connect your Korg MIDI controller, any transposition takes place solely internally within it, and it just transmits the transposed notes to whatever device it is connected to.  There is no discrete "transpose" MIDI message that is transmitted, even though it does give you a local internal indication of the transposition.  Your CDP-130 would have the same problem with any device you would connect to its MIDI out.  Any transposition would take place completely within the CDP-130, and it would simply transmit the transposed notes.  There would be no discrete "transpose" message transmitted for a connected device to detect.  For instance, if you transpose your keyboard up one complete note and press a "C", your keyboard does not transmit a "C" along with a "transpose" message for the connected device to transpose it up one full note.  Rather, when you press a "C", it simply transmits a "D", and the connected device responds accordingly.  There are MIDI messages, known as "SYSEX" (SYSTEM EXCLUSIVE) messages that can be sent from programmable controllers that will tell a remote sound module to transpose itself, but this is something entirely different from simply transposing the local keyboard.