Video Files on Forum ×

PX-150 Schematic

Brianw

Hi there, my PX-150 needs to have the main board replaced.  It powers down after a few minutes of play.  The repair shop says it's the main board.  The cost to repair is same as buying a new keyboard. I can get the mainboard and repair myself. Looking for the schematic to a PX-150. THANKS

I would think that if you can get the replacement part (I don't know how, but if you can, fine), it would simply be a one for one swap. Take lots of pictures before you remove the old one and use those to make sure you reconnect everything to the new one. 

To me, a schematic is a diagram of the electrical circuits on the boards and elsewhere, and would be too detailed for what you're doing.

• Like 1

Maybe Brian was referring to the Service Manual, with schematic diagram, board layout, cabling, and disassembly instruction.

I remember in the '80 that TV sets and high end hifi amplifier come with the service manual, even if the user wasn't supposed to open it. By the way I have the book for the Commodore 64 that was sold separately, and also my PC-XT clone come with the motherboard schematic.

I have also found the Kawai K5000 schematic, so I suppose that in the '90 pro keyboard had these manuals available.

I don't understand why these manuals aren't available anymore. Actually I wonder why appliances are sold normally wit a joke of user manuals. Normally you get leaflets containing recycling instruction explaining the pictograph, a warranty written in legalese and some instruction that permit you to barely switch on the appliance.  

I think these information should be made available, if the firm doesn't want that people will fuss with their products then require a warranty repair, there are tamper-proof stickers since 1970s.

• 2 months later...

I just opened a px-150 and took out the key action.  In my opinion, if you are electrically savvy or have messed around with electronics and arduinos and the like , you don't need a schematic or service manual if you're just replacing the main board.  All the boards in the Casios I've owned have kind of standard clips and such.