Video Files on Forum ×

I own a digital keyboard of CASIO. It is having 17 sets of percussion instruments. Now the problem is when I create a midi drum pattern, it is played by the first set, i.e. , Standard Set 1(It has all sounds of GM). But if I have to play it according to another set ( Ethnic set or Indian set) , is it possible? I believe there is some roll of bank set , is there?

I own a digital keyboard of CASIO. It is having 17 sets of percussion instruments. Now the problem is when I create a midi drum pattern, it is played by the first set, i.e. , Standard Set 1(It has all sounds of GM). But if I have to play it according to another set ( Ethnic set or Indian set) , is it possible? I believe there is some roll of bank set , is there?

Bhavya

The MIDI Implementation Chart is not the document you need, as it does not provide the specific Program Change and MSB Bank Change data for your DAW software.  Rather, the document you need is the Appendix (Tone/Rhythm/etc. Data List) that came with your CTK-6300IN manual.  What you need is in the upper right corner of the front side.  It is toward the end ot the Tone List.  Find the GM/DRUMS section, then go to Tone numbers 129 through 145.  They contain the information for selecting the Drum Sets from DAW/sequencer software.  Column 4 gives the Program Change (PC) number that goes into the Drum Track "PC" data field of your DAW/sequencer software, while Column 5 gives the Bank Select MSB number that goes into the Drum Track "Bank" or "MSB" data field of your DAW/sequencer software.  If you need LSB data, in every case it is zero (0).

If you need a copy of the Appendix, you can download it from:

http://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008001041

14 Hours ago Bhavya Gupta said:

" Hi T, I am Bhavya Gupta to whom you replied today. My model is CASIO CTK-6300. Now, i want to target ethnic set in midi file in my keyboard. If I use my daw software, percussion part targets Standard Set 1. But i want to target ethnic set. Kindly help me. "

53 Minutes ago Bhavya Gupta said:

"Thanks for that. I use that appendix daily, then also I didn't got to know. Please help me once more. I don't know to change MSB or program. How to do that? "

You do that within your DAW software, and how you do it depends upon which DAW software program you are using.  You would need to contact their support organization for assistance with that.  Most DAW software is rather involved and requires a bit of a learning curve.