Video Files on Forum ×

Cakewalk Sonar Instrument Definition file for CDP-220R (and equivalents)

Well, the title of this note indicates what I'm looking for -- an Instrument Definition file for the CDP-220R. Or barring that, instructions on how to create one. I've been looking through Cakewalk Sonar's Help Index, but so far haven't come across anything that is of much use. But I'm continuing to search. If I learn how to write one, I'll come back here and offer it up for the community to share.

The CDP-220R has over 700 voices/sounds, so I dunno if just assigning it as a General MIDI instrument is a valid way to proceed.

Here is a link to several different Tone list texts for various Casio models.  One is for the CTK-5000/WK-500, which the author claims is also for the CDP-200R.  Depending upon how similar the voice sets are between the CDP-200R and the CDP-220R, this cold be a big step up the ladder toward what you are looking for. 

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/ctk-4000-5000-wk-500-instrument-definition-for-cakewalk.22565/

You don't actually "download" any of these.  You simply "copy" the text of the one you need, and "paste" it into a text editor (Notepad, Wordpad, etc) on your PC, make any changes you need, and save it to an appropriate file name with a ".ins" extension, and then import it into Sonar.  This should also work for any of the several versions of Cakewalk's "Music Creator", for those that have one of them.