Video Files on Forum ×

Is this noise normal? (key noises)

Its normal to an extent. Due to the key bed design it relies on grease to lubricate, sound deaden and also help with the feel of each of the keys. There is nothing broken inside your key bed mechanism but just requires service. If it is new it has been known for these to come out of the factory this way but it is unusual. I have done this "repair" on my wk-7600 and it transformed the feel and playability of the instrument. Unfortunately this is one of the tradeoffs from casio to produce a feature packed arranger at a low price. It is a fairly easy DIY job but if you have warranty I'd urge your to exercise your consumer rights and have your nearest repair centre take on the trouble. 

1 hour ago, Lee33 said:

Its normal to an extent. Due to the key bed design it relies on grease to lubricate, sound deaden and also help with the feel of each of the keys. There is nothing broken inside your key bed mechanism but just requires service. If it is new it has been known for these to come out of the factory this way but it is unusual. I have done this "repair" on my wk-7600 and it transformed the feel and playability of the instrument. Unfortunately this is one of the tradeoffs from casio to produce a feature packed arranger at a low price. It is a fairly easy DIY job but if you have warranty I'd urge your to exercise your consumer rights and have your nearest repair centre take on the trouble. 

Is this easy to do? I mean, I´ll put grease on a part of the key and the problem would be solved? Thanks for the information, I didn´t know nothing about this key bed mechanism

9 hours ago, diegosynth said:

Is this easy to do? I mean, I´ll put grease on a part of the key and the problem would be solved? Thanks for the information, I didn´t know nothing about this key bed mechanism

It is easy requiring only basic tools but time consuming. Take a look at this post which is relevant to you 

I link a video which is in Russian but is self explanatory. He uses a marine type blue silicone grease but I used a clear/white medium density lithium grease. I would say if you do have a warranty though to use it as you will almost certainly void your warranty if you require repair in the future. The choice and risk is obviously yours. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 9:23 AM, Lee33 said:

It is easy requiring only basic tools but time consuming. Take a look at this post which is relevant to you 

I link a video which is in Russian but is self explanatory. He uses a marine type blue silicone grease but I used a clear/white medium density lithium grease. I would say if you do have a warranty though to use it as you will almost certainly void your warranty if you require repair in the future. The choice and risk is obviously yours. 

Thank you very much for your help! I will use the warranty