Video Files on Forum ×

PX-150 Problem with a single key

Kettz

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I couldn't find anything already posted related to a problem like mine so sorry about that.

Basically one key on my PX-150 digital piano is malfunctioning. I have had the keyboard for about 4 years now.

It is the second G# key from the left on the lower register of the keyboard.

If I play the key with a certain amount of heavy pressure and hold it down, the key tone plays briefly but stops abruptly even if I'm still holding it, like a staccato sound.

What's weird is that sometimes, after the sound abruptly stops, if I slightly reduce pressure on that key, the key tone will play again but very loud and short, I think at max volume.

Anyway, I really need this piano for school and it gets in the way of practice. My family is a bit tight on funds so any help or advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

On 5/21/2018 at 10:12 PM, Kettz said:

"Hi guys, this is my first post here. I couldn't find anything already posted related to a problem like mine so sorry about that.

Basically one key on my PX-150 digital piano is malfunctioning. I have had the keyboard for about 4 years now.

It is the second G# key from the left on the lower register of the keyboard.

If I play the key with a certain amount of heavy pressure and hold it down, the key tone plays briefly but stops abruptly even if I'm still holding it, like a staccato sound.

What's weird is that sometimes, after the sound abruptly stops, if I slightly reduce pressure on that key, the key tone will play again but very loud and short, I think at max volume.

Anyway, I really need this piano for school and it gets in the way of practice. My family is a bit tight on funds so any help or advice at all would be greatly appreciated."

I'd put my money on the fact that something got under that rubber key contact pad.  WARNING: DON'T USE CONTACT CLEANER anywhere near those things. 
You take out the rubber strips on my keyboards and wash them gently in warm soapy water. But what worked for me cleaning it gently, then buying a cheap thing of conductive paint, and applying it to the offending contact pad per the instructions.  The next day worked perfectly.  Just don't spray mechanical cleaner or WD40 or anything near the rubber things.   If any gunk or crumbs get under, all the million key presses will wear out the the carbon contact.   Good luck!