Video Files on Forum ×

One key making clicking sound on up return

Doch88

Bought a brand new PX560M a few months back. Have some playing time on it/not much beyond a few hours total/getting ready to use it playing out. Today I noticed the 2nd lowest octave C key makes a fairly loud clicking sound when the key returns to the up position. I don't hear the click pressing the key down no matter how hard/soft I press it, just when it returns up. It doesn't impact my playing though the sound is going to be an issue when I record vocals of course. Guessing the issue is some weight inside the key/something got loose? Anyone know if this something where the one key is just replaced usually or do they change out the whole keyboard?

I'm sure this matter is covered under warranty but a few questions:

1.) Anyone else have this issue/is this a common problem that I can expect to pop up again? I hope not.

2.) For warranty service on this keyboard, does Casio still do in home repair? Or do I have to bring it somewhere local or hopefully not, mail it out?

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks. 

Did you distance buy your PX560M? - If so, try to negotiate with your seller to collect your board, country dependent distant selling laws, you may be covered within your time frame for a back to shop replacement. If you are out of these time frames, contact them anyway for support, you may be able to negotiate some deal on servicing...

Which country are you based?

Im highly skeptical of a Casio in-home repair on any product they sell these days anywhere in the world. But cannot be sure of this...

You will be within a manufacturer warranty and if you do not live near a Casio service shop then you will be looking at mailing your PX560M to their service center...

• Like 1

Good advice Lee. Took your advice and called the online retailer I bought it from and they are sending me a new 560M to replace my current one/and a prepaid label to get the one with the defective key back to them. Great customer service for sure, thanks again for the advice.

Any one else have the same key issue with their 560? I hope I just got a fluke. Especially the piano sounds, acoustic and electric, the feel of the keyboard, and the LED display are top notch/really like it and look forward to using it to play out with. Also love how light it is vs the other keyboard I used to play out with.

• Like 2