Video Files on Forum ×

mzx500 compared to korg pa300

brownysweet

OK, I am not saying that Korg Pa300 is a bad keyboard. I have tweaked both of them  to the point of transforming them into a different beast. Here are my conclusions:

1) WARM SOUNDS :   MZX500 WINS, especially in the organ department. The organs on this keyboard are sweet and sound more real than the ones on the Korg Pa300. The strings once they are tweaked sound bigger and more realistic than the ones on the Korg again. The strings on the Korg are not bad but they sound synthetic and a little harsh. I tried reducing the cutoff parameter but still the Casio sounds bigger. Both keyboards were connected to a professional amp I have in my studio. The Korg wins when it comes to flutes and brass but not by a big margin.

2) RYTHMS:  Do not be fooled by the factory rythms on the Casio. I tweaked them and created my own rythms. They sound much better once you start changing the bass and the rest of the elements. For the most part, these created rythms sound less busy than the ones on the Korg that can be edited too. Now the Korg wins when it comes to ready to use intros and fillings.

3) SYNTHS AND MODERN SOUNDS : MZX500 WINS BY A BIG MARGIN. Just imagine being able to mix 24 synths at the same time using the HEX LAYER feature.

In a nutshell : Both keyboards complement one another, but my main beast is the Casio MZX500. And again I have a question for Mike Martin:  Are you planning to release a BIG SOUND PACKAGE for Mzx500 the same way you did it for PX5S?  Please pay more attention to Mzx500 users, we love this product too. This keyboard is an underrated keyboard, in fact, it is a real humdinger, a dilly. Any comments?  Be nice to me please, no bashing or ridiculing my comments.

• Like 1

I own the Korg PA600. Although the PA600 does have a couple of features that I really like and wish were on my X500, the poor PA600 collects dust (metaphorically) while I  do all my playing on the X500 and my Korg Kronos 2.

Oh! the 2 features I miss from the PA600?

1. The ability to rewrite/customize factory sounds and styles.

2. One touch settings for each element within every style. (now called 'Keyboard Set' on the PA700)

I had the PA700 and apart from the DNC stuff which i really loved (Man do those choirs and saxes sound GOOD!) i actually like the Casio sounds and styles more..

The 300 is a tricked down version of that, so i'm guessing that you're gonna love it even more!

Hey

Congrats on getting the 300.

I have the 500 and love it.

Interesting comments re Korg PA-series.....

I own the Korg PA4X-76 and yes I also wish for a few things on it that my MZ-X500 already has - like "wav" audio recording, saving pedal settings in registrations etc.. and more...

BUT I still "see" and treat my MZ-X500 as a "workstation with an arranger feature" rather than an actual primarily "arranger" keyboard - hence its arranger side is not as comprehensive as the Korgs. 

However, it is a fabulous tool to compose, create sounds and perform - also I love the flexibility of the "freeze" settings and dedicated button.

I'm just about to start playing (again) in a blues quartet and am considering using the Casio this time around - mostly I will use piano/e-piano and tone wheel organ for it.

All the best - have fun!!

Pete :)

Cette comparaison est très intéressante..... En France, les claviers MZ X sont dénigrés en permanence, par les possesseurs de Korg PA/ Yamaha PSR

vous passez pour un fou
si vous en possédez un, ou vous gaspillez votre argent,😈

This comparison is very interesting ..... In France, keyboards MZ X are disparaged permanently, through the owners of Korg PA /Yamaha PSR

you pass for insane
if you have one of them, or you waste your money,😈

• 1 year later...

Deje de lado mi roland gw8 por falta de memoria para insertarle estilos mios y por que no tiene botones fill e intros independientes, aunque sus sonidos son los q mas me gusta.

En casio mz x500 armo mis estilos intros y eding como fill si lo quiero 

Me da un sintetizador con divisiones exlayer y muchas funciones de sintesis, 

Aunque aun le caería muy bien q los drambarg pudieran usarse como filtros, loops y como funciones de un juno 60

Y q al buscar cansiones midi y mp3 fuera de un modo mas rapido aunque una funcion de grabar las musicas consecutiva y a necesidad como grabar sonidos en los performaces ayudaria para grabar y borrar y poner el siguiente tema esperado.

Uff espero q casio siga al frente con esta revolucion del mzx 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 10:40 PM, Muso7 said:

I own the Korg PA4X-76 and yes I also wish for a few things on it that my MZ-X500 already has

Pete :)

How would you compare the Grand Piano, Orchestral & Guitar sounds between the Pa-4x and the MZ-X500?

There was a YT video comparing the various chips Casio has for piano resonance & another for Extended Depth (?) chip on another KB.  Does the X500 have either of these chips?