Video Files on Forum ×

Is PX-560M about to be discontinued?

Stare

Hi

I have been saving my pennies up with the plan to buy a PX-560 towards the end of summer. But I have just noticed that UK shops are suddenly selling off their in-store demo 560s and most don't have them in stock and say order only. I stress most shops, not all. This is a change from even a few weeks ago. After checking every UK shop that google finds, signs are bad. This would be terrible timing for me personally.

I did see some youtube video or another (don't remember which, prob from NAMM) that had a Casio man agreeing that they would be putting out AIX versions of their range, which adds to the implied end of the road for 560s. As there was no news from NAMM I would guess this possible replacement isn't going to be that soon. I might need a new plan.

Anyway, all speculation. But unwelcome signs for me personally. Any thoughts/further wild speculation/word from Casio overlords?

With all due respect the U.K. is not the world. And Casio U.K. seems to have a history of early termination or no availability at all for certain models. For example, the XW synths became essentially unavailable in the U.K. years before they became sort-of-unavailable in the USA (you can still buy from a few places). As another example, the MZ-X products had limited (or no?) availability in the U.K. compared to the rest of the world. 

So if the PX-560 does become unavailable in the U.K. it doesn't mean it is being discontinued. And realistically Casio wouldn't discontinue it before they announced a replacement, which they haven't. 

Several large online retailers in the EU started discounting this model last month (from ca. 1100 to 750-800 EUR) and it is not available for immediate order as before. So, even if Casio is not officially discontinuing the 560 — and obviously they have no commercial reason to do it — this model does seem to have reached the end of its life, too short, IMO, for a “pro” stage piano. I just wonder if Casio will have a range of stage pianos in the near future at all. 

Just googled about, but italian retailles seems aren't in shortage of it. 

I agree with arcturus: seems strange that the 560 is going to be discontinued but both PX-5S and PX-360 aren't. Maybe it's only a temporary shortage.

The 560 is not exactly a stage piano because has speaker, so it's suited also for people using at home ans practice and hobby piano. 

My idea is that they are going to make a new version with a red case, because today everyone prefers a red stage piano. 😃😃

6 hours ago, Stare said:

I agree it is odd. Thomann have removed the listing so Europe's supply is ending at least :( I guess I'm going to be lucky to find one in 2 months time. There goes that plan. Anyway, thanks for the input.

Try Scavino, from Turin, Italy

https://shop.scavino.it/  +39  011 6694604 

If you're lucky there's the clerk that speaks english. 😉

Or Merula https://www.merula.com/ Tel: +39 0172.495591   /   Fax: +39 0172.495107