Video Files on Forum ×

Sustain pedal reversed

Bellyman

Did something different when I turned on the Casio evening before last. I took it to a practice gig and set it up. Plugged in the power cable. Plugged in the sustain pedal. Sat down in front of it and turned it on. Wasn't paying attention when I turned it on but my foot was on the sustain pedal. Surprise! The pedal was inverted. (Sustained when up, did not sustain when pressed down.) Turned it back off, made sure my foot was off the foot pedal, and turned it back on. All was well.

Didn't know it would do that. Not sure if that happens on other keyboards or not. Anyway, just sharing.

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's because the Casio auto-detects the "polarity" (it's really not polarity but that's what people keep calling it) of the pedal on start up so you don't need to know which way the pedal is wired nor flip a switch. It's actually a pretty handy feature. Imagine if your normal pedal breaks or you forget it, you can use your backup or borrow one without having to figure out which way it works. Just plug it in, turn on the keyboard, and you're ready to play.