Video Files on Forum ×

Christopher CASIO CTK 6200

Hi

i need urgent help!!!!!!!

im having problems using Casio music site a had all the requirements like Casio data management 6.1 for my Casio ctk 6200.when I'm on the site the format is CKF and I need that to be AL7 to transfer rhythms and I need at lease DSP as on the Wk's older model e.g. Whchdly wave tones I know I can create my own but can't I transfer wave tones as well plz assist!!!!!!!!!

i even down grade my windows for this Im on windows 7 32 bit

it makes me frustrated😡

Thank u

• 4 weeks later...

Christopher

The compatibility of the data, on the Casio website, with your CTK-6200, has nothing to do with the type of Windows you are running (32-bit vs 64-bit), so you can go back to Windows-7 64-bit, if you like.  The ONLY data on that website that is compatible with your CTK-6200, or any of the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models, is the "CKF" Rhythm data.  All other data on that website (CKF Tones, Tones with Wave, Wave, Drums, Drums with Wave, DSP, etc) are totally incompatible with the newer models, because of the advanced features of their new sound and DSP engines.  The CKF Rhythm data is usable directly, as is, on your CTK-6200, and the other newer models.  You need only to download them to your computer, then copy them to the MUSICDAT folder on an SD Card and load them, one-at-a-time from there into the User Rhythm memory, or use the Data Manager 6.1 software to bulk load them from your computer into the User Rhythm memory.  In either case, as the each CKF Rhythm file is loaded into User Rhythm memory, the keyboard, itself, converts that CKF Rhythm file into the new AC7 Rhythm file format.  If you upload those files back to your computer for future use, or backup storage, they come back as AC7 Rhythm Files.  You can not load anything from that website into the CTK-6200 as an AL-7 file, as here again, that data would contain CKF Tone, Wave, DSP, etc data that is not compatible with the newer keyboards.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

• Thanks 1