Video Files on Forum ×

AT-5 line outs not working

Hi all,

First time time posting, new keyboard user.

I have an AT-5 which I have learned is a cousin of sorts to the CTK or WK lines. 

I have been looking at purchasing a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for recording my music to my computer to process. 

Upon checking my line outs to check I have the right cables before I purchase the Focusrite, I have discovered that my line outs (as opposed to headphone socket) don't seem to be working.  Upon pressing the keys, sound is still played through the onboard speakers, and not through the speaker I have plugged in.

I have tried swapping speakers, and also trying the headphone socket which does work.  I tried both mono 1/4" plugs and a stereo 1/4" plug in the sockets and nothing seems to work.  The fact that the keyboard continues to play direct to the onboard speakers suggests to me that possibly there isn't a connection being made between the plug and the socket.

Any suggestions?  I would like to get this sorted, as I would prefer to record through the line outs, as I expect that would give me better sound than through the headphone sockets.

Regards

Ajin

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for that.  I didn't realise that I could turn the keyboard speakers off.  🙂

I solved my problem which was no sound going through to the large speaker I had plugged into the line outs. 

It turns out that it was a cable problem,  Whew!

I haven't actually delved much into the menus of the keyboard, so thank you again for pointing out the menus.