Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X5000 Review

Bevburn

The characteristics of this keyboard is typical of Casio. Lots of bang for the buck loaded with features. The quick decay of the initial piano sound is also typical of every Casio I've ever played. However I found the sustain in the upper octaves to be quite good. Many of the sounds come from the PX5S and there are a host of older sounds that have been held over from previous casios. I took a quick spin on the CTX3000 and thought Casio did a good job on the series. Quite a few new rhythms mixed in with reworks of older styles. These are direct decendants of the WK/CTK series in terms of the interface and menus. It looks like more effects are possible when editing sounds, and they sound better than the WK/CTK series.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Interesting review. I am really interested by your opinion because like you I had a PSR E433 for some time, which I sold, so I am now looking for something portable on top of my DGX 650 and I am hesitating between the CT-X3000 and the Yamaha PSR E463.

i have watched all existing videos of both boards and my opinion is that Casio is unbeatable as far as features are concerned, bout that Yamaha still remains better as far as the sound is concerned. After having played the E433 for so long I am afraid that I will miss the Sweet! and Cool! sounds of the Yam if I go for the Casio.

Any opinions very welcome because I am at a total loss here!

I am tempted by the Casio because of its sequencer and arpeggiator, but the Live Knobs of the Yamaha are very tempting also... and the buttons to mute the tracks are put at a very awkward place on the Casio... So really I don’t know...

Thanks for helping,

Vinciane

@Bevburn With regards to your point about the screen being hard to view at certain angles, you can try adjusting the Contrast setting in the Functions list and see if that helps. It's in the "Other" submenu.

Functions -> Scroll left once to "Other" -> Enter -> Scroll to Contrast and use the +/- buttons or scroll wheel to dial in a contrast setting that might work better for your preferred viewing angle.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...