Video Files on Forum ×

Free CT-X700/X800 Rhythm Expansion Pack

I've just released an expansion pack of 40+ Rhythms made specifically for the CT-X700 and CT-X800. I took all the CT-X3000/X5000 exclusive Rhythms and personally converted them to use the CT-X700 and X800's voice assignments to ensure maximum compatibility. You can find it here in the Downloads section.

Any CT-X3000/X5000 exclusive tones found in these Rhythms were changed to closest thing I could find on the X700, and all General MIDI tones in the original Rhythms were swapped out for their higher-quality equivalents whenever possible. As a result, some of these X700 Rhythms might even sound better than they do on the X3000/X5000, but they only have two variations to work with instead of the X3000's 4 Variations. When deciding on which variations to keep during the conversion process, I tried to make Variation 1 ("Normal" on the X700) whichever pattern sounded closest to the Intro pattern and Variation 2 ("VAR" on the X700) whichever pattern sounded as close as possible to the Ending pattern.

If you're an X700 User, you will need to use Data Manager for CT-X and a USB-B to USB-A data cable to transfer the files. If you're an X800 User, you have the option of using a USB flash drive for the transfer. Just make sure that the .AC7 Rhythm files are placed inside the MUSICDAT folder on the root of your flash drive so that the X800 can recognize them properly. Enjoy! :keys:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hi Chandler, this is really an awesome job. 👍

Did you consider converting all 4 variations and putting them in two different rhythms labelled for instance Example1_Var_1_2.AC7 and Example1_ Var_3_4.AC7?

Yamaha users do this all the time when converting Yamaha styles from the higher-end to the lower-end PSR keyboards, who can accommodate only two variations at once. It is then a piece of cake to put both versions in two different registration memories to be able to use all four rhythm variations in the same song.

😎 Just my 2 cents,

Vinciane

• 2 years later...

@Yoyotheclown

These Rhythms aren't suited for use on the CT-X9000IN, as I created them specifically for the less advanced 2-variation CT-X models like the CT-X700 or X800. If you use them on your CT-X9000IN (which has 4-variations), you'll find a lot of repeat material in the Variation 3 and Variation 4 slots, as I copied Var 3 over Var 2 for a lot of these. Plus, a lot of these Rhythms already exist on your CT-X9000IN anyway, so you don't gain much outside of the few exclusive western-region Rhythms that were subbed out for the Indian/South Asian Rhythms exclusive to the X8000IN and the 9000IN.

If you want to access those exclusive western region Rhythms in their original, 4-variation form, you should instead be using the Rhythms found in the CT-X3000/X5000 archive. Again, a lot of these Rhythms will be duplicates of ones that already exist on your 9000IN, but the ones that aren't already on your keyboard will be better versions with 4 unique variations for every file.

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/1450-ct-x3000-and-x5000-unlocked-rhythm-archive/ 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Nice one! Thanks for sharing these collections. 

Anyway, where I can find older CTK-series rhythms (especially with AHL sound source) to be used on the CT-X? I miss some of those rhythms on the CTK-5000/6000/7000 series and LK-270/280, most of which are absent in the CT-X 

Edited by Pravito