Video Files on Forum ×

Emulate Registration Bank within external app (IOs or Android)

Hi everyone, Im owner of a wk-7500 and wk-3800.
The question is: Is it possible to emulate Registration Banks within an external app through the midi connection, to expand Casio's bank capabilities with an Ipad??
I would like to have virtual buttons on the Ipad thats it sends several midi command and Program Changes to set the whole thing I need on my wk-7500, ready to play on stage (I mean not only Tones, i would need define SPLIT, LAYERs, volume mixer setting, etc)
Any clue or idea will be apreciated. Thanks in advance

There are iOS apps for doing this with various keyboards.  You would need to consult the MIDI Implementation Charts for the WK-7500 and WK-3800 to see what Control Change (CC) codes they support to allow you to control the functions that you want to control.  You may also need to resort to System Exclusive (Sysex) messages to control any items that do not have an available CC Code.

You might also want to go through the Casio iPad and iPhone Apps subforum to see what info might be available there:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/forum/36-casio-ipad-iphone-apps/

Bear in mind that if you come up with something that would work with your keyboards, it would be completely separate from the keyboards' onboard Registrations.  That is, your program would be completely stand alone.  It would not work through or control the keyboards' onboard Registrations.  Rather, it would directly control the functions you list, itself.

• Like 1