Video Files on Forum ×

How to fix corrupted header in system track

Tsquare

I may have found a solution for when the system track seems to be corrupted on a particular midi or ZMF recorded performance.  By corruption, I mean the tones and/or the settings (i.e. volume, delay, etc.) in the mixer won't stick to the header in the system track despite saving them per store+midi button.  I've been having this problem on a bunch of my recordings and have been trying everything to resolve.  The trick that worked for me was to record something new (just a few notes, gibberish) to an empty track with a new tone .  Then you can set mixer settings on the actual tracks you want and rewrite/save the header with store+midi button and it should stick this time.  I then mute the added gibberish track in the mixer or midi menu.  You may be able to clear the gibberish track entirely after the fix, but I haven't experimented with that yet.

I was having an issue with my latest upload of Bryan Adams Run to You cover.  The hexsynthcomp tone (on an individual track) would loose all it's delay (despite the mixer delay set to 127) when I would record a rhythm to the system track.  I also tried copying the hexsynthcomp track to a new track in the midi editor to no avail.  Adding the gibberish new track seemed to work.

• Thanks 1