Video Files on Forum ×

Moving AP-650 to nearby new apartment in two days

Hi,

I live alone and I am moving in two days to a new apartment less than 1.5 mile away from my present location.

I hired a legitimate professional moving company to take care of everything.  When I first received the AP-650, I had to wait three weeks before I could get someone to help me assemble it.  Just fitting properly the keyboard in the cabinet requires two persons due to weight and delicate precision required.

Can I feel confident with the idea of moving the keyboard without removing it from the cabinet ?  The digital piano and stand are reported to weigh 111 lbs.  All the necessary mover's blankets would be used as expected.  Disassembling the cabinet and keyboard just seems like a huge undertaking for me.

Has anyone had some experience with moving their cabinet (with the keyboard inside).  If so, please share your experience as I see no other thread about this.

Thank you!

Fred

If the cabinet is a composite (aka "pressed wood"), it is not a good idea to move it with that kind of weight in it.  Quite often, "pressed wood" gets severely damaged during a move just from its own weight.  The last two times we have moved (twice in the past 15 years), the movers would give no guarantees on anything made of "pressed wood", and we had to sign acknowledgement waivers on any of those items.  A few of them did sustain damage, but I am handy with that kind of stuff, and was able to make repairs.  If it is not too complicated, the movers would probably be willing to lift the AP-650 out of the cabinet for you, and re-insert it at the other end of the trip.  Your next concern would be how to protect the AP-650, itself, during the trip.

Best of luck: with your move, your new place, and especially your AP-650 and its cabinet!

- T -