Video Files on Forum ×

What's the allowed sd card size for the lk270

Prinz

I recently found out about the feature on the sd card , so i decreased the size of my 16gb sd card into 1gb and i get this error "card r/w" when formating it in the piano. 

What does it mean? and how do i fix that?

At the time the LK-270 was released, the maximum SD Card size of that time was 2Gb, so that is what the LK-270 was designed for.  Keyboard operating systems are not "computer" operating systems.  Primarily for production cost reasons, they have little, if any, need to be as sophisticated as computer based operating systems.  They do not recognize drive "partitions" created by computer based partitioning software.  The LK-270 was designed for a maximum SD Card size of 2Gb, and that is what it needs, and only what it will recognize - an SD Card size whose "native" capacity is 2Gb or less.  While 1Gb card sizes (as required by my WK-3800) are getting very rare, but 2Gb are still fairly common in most big-box stores.  If not, they should be readily available online.

- T -