Video Files on Forum ×

change default volume on CTK-700

gunnyguggu

The default (power up) Main Volume level is 7, and can not be changed.  The CTK-700 is not equipped with any type of internal "user memory" for the storage of such settings.  If the default value of 7 is too loud, the player should use the Main Volume "down" button to lower the volume to a more suitable, previously noted, level (as shown in the display), immediately after turning the power on and before beginning to play.

On 7/29/2019 at 5:09 AM, - T - said:

The default (power up) Main Volume level is 7, and can not be changed.  The CTK-700 is not equipped with any type of internal "user memory" for the storage of such settings.  If the default value of 7 is too loud, the player should use the Main Volume "down" button to lower the volume to a more suitable, previously noted, level (as shown in the display), immediately after turning the power on and before beginning to play.

That’s what I was afraid of, thank you for the info

• 9 months later...

Ugh... same problem here. I've got a 3, 5, and 7 year old. We just bought this keyboard from a neighbor and I am constantly yelling at the kids throughout the day to turn down the damn volume. I would love to meet the guy at Casio who decided to have the volume set so high upon startup.

• 10 months later...

One of the commenters in here says: "The CTK-700 is not equipped with any type of internal "user memory" for the storage of such settings. "

Well,  if it does not have internal "user memory" to store volume, how come every time it is turned on, it "remembers" that stupid setting of "7" and starts at that loud volume???

In all the electronics I have now and I have had in the past, none of them starts at a volume that approaches the maximum of such instrument.

I can imagine what it would be like if every time we turned on the TV or a receiver, or worse, a power tool, whether  at home or in our cars it started at "7" or its equivalent, without the possibility of changing it each and every time you restart your item. 

Ah, but they do have an answer . . . . Turn the volume down, dummy!  And if it is 6 in the morning and your children got up and decided to play with the keyboard, if they are not old enough to understand how to turn the volume down, but they know how to start the stupid machine, ti means you'll have to get up and go turn it down for them.  And. at least in my case, my son has figured out that, if he wants to keep hearing the infernal machine at a loud volume he only has to wait until I am back in bed and then he turns it off and then back on!! GUess what??? I have to go and unplug it to stop their little tricks!!

Thank you for giving that wonderful tip to turn the volume down. What would we do without helpful hints like these?