Video Files on Forum ×

PX110 Keyboard Touch problem

So I was banging away on my trusty old PX110 the other day when after about 10 minutes the volume and sound quality just sort of died a bit, sounding quieter and a bit muffled. I powered the keyboard off and back on; it seemed fine for another few minutes then the same thing happened - about a 50% drop in sound volume and quality across all the keys.

I tried powering off and on again but with no change any more. After some investigating and initially suspecting amp / power supply problems I discovered that the built in  rhythms / demos weren't affected, and that the culprit seemed to be the keyboard touch setting. Turning this off restored full volume / quality - only unfortunately with no touch response obviously. Any of the other three settings (weak, normal, strong) all result in the same quiet, muffled sound.

From the way the problem occurred and sounded I suspect an electronic component, probably on the main board has failed, however I retain a glimmer of hope that this may be a software glitch that could be fixed by a reset. I can't see how it could be hardware - though I'm not an expert, hence my post on here!

So could any members with knowledge of these instruments tell me if and how to reset this keyboard so I can at least rule that out, and maybe offer some insight into what the actual cause might be if that turns out to not be the issue- my googling hasn't turned up any similar problem reports?

TIA,

Paul