Video Files on Forum ×

WK-6600 with shure SM58 microphone

I just bought a WK-6600 and connected my shure SM58 dynamic microphone.

The microphone has an impedance of 300 ohm (Sens 1.6mV) and the WK-6600 an input impedance of 3 kilo ohm (sens 10mV)

should this work?

mine is not working. The Microphone is working on other systems.

If I put my fingers on the connector of the microphone, I hear a buzzing sound so it looks like the mic input does something 

• 4 weeks later...

I can't speak for the keyboard- although I have one- never connected a mike

but I've never had much luck using a balanced mike with a 1/4 jack connector-  they buzz because the balance line is eliminated.

What do you do with a mike on this keyboard- mix in vocals?  Does it record to the 17 tracks?  I see a 1/8 line input too.  I never spend enough time looking at these things- usually just practicing or playing with the tone editor....

I've been irritated with this board only because it's black and I'm getting on-66- and can't SEE any of the etched writing- wish they'd put it in contrasting colors

I first got a red 61 key model- but I found 61 too few keys- so I exchanged it for the 67 wk-500 which doesn't look as good and is hard to read.