Video Files on Forum ×

Prophet 5 sound similar to this on WK-245

Anyway I am going to work with the great prophet 5 sound on my CT-X which has more depth in the AiX sound chip.

The older AHL sound chip is still pretty usable in the WK and CTK series and live there’s very little difference. 

The closest WK tone I have found so far is a brass with synth bass, #270, and the above video calls the Prophet 5 patch “soft brass”.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Harpon said:

Does your Casio have tone editing like my wk-6600.  Seems like you could find some similar tone and modify it to something similar to what's on this song.

Actually I really don’t know.

i am so used to modifying tones in the DAW when record so I stopped menu diving in keyboard. There could be a way to modify a sound setting.

If I get any mid level DAW at $99 and up, then I could then use any USB Casio and call up a Prophet 5 sound and change the settings in an old school analog way via oscillators and filters in software and literally get the exact sound.

You can only sample into the 1/4" mono mic port on the WK-245, the stereo 1/8" audio in jack won't work. Shouldn't be a problem because the Prophet 5 outputs in mono anyway, so it's not like you'll be losing anything by not having a stereo sample.

The mic port is expecting a mic level source and your sample will likely be from a line level input (the headphone jack on your computer or mobile device, most likely), so make sure to use the mic volume knob to turn down the gain so the sound isn't distorted or clipping.

What are you planning to play the sample from? That will determine the type of cables or adapters you'll need to connect it to your WK-245's mic input.

• Thanks 1