Video Files on Forum ×

How do I export a recording from Wk-245?

Afterword

You will need a stereo cable of suitable length with a 1/8" stereo plug on the end that connects to your computer's MIC or Line In jack (If it has both,  use the Line In jack), and a 1/4" stereo plug on the end that connects to the WK-245's Phone/Output jack.  Most likely it will have 1/8" plugs on both ends with  !/8" to 1/4" plug adapter for the end that connects to the WK-245.  Once you have this, you will need audio recording (DAW) software for your computer.  To start, I recommend a very popular product known as Audacity, which is a full featured DAW with a fairly easy learning curve.  It is available as a free download from www.audacityteam.org.  Due to its popularity, help for it can be found on just about any forum that deals with music production or audio recording.

Once you have everthing set up.  Continue recording to the WK-245's internal Song Recorder, as you have been, then set up audacity to record, set up the Song Recorder to play back the desired performance, start Audacity to recording, start the Song Recorder to playing back, and in a few minutes you will be all set.  Audacity will record to a wide selection of audio file types, but I recomend recording to the Windows standard 16 bit 44.1 Khz WAV format, and keeping a copy of that, for posterity, then making conversions to MP3, if required.

Good luck!

- T -

On 4/12/2020 at 8:00 PM, - T - said:

You will need a stereo cable of suitable length with a 1/8" stereo plug on the end that connects to your computer's MIC or Line In jack (If it has both,  use the Line In jack), and a 1/4" stereo plug on the end that connects to the WK-245's Phone/Output jack.  Most likely it will have 1/8" plugs on both ends with  !/8" to 1/4" plug adapter for the end that connects to the WK-245.  Once you have this, you will need audio recording (DAW) software for your computer.  To start, I recommend a very popular product known as Audacity, which is a full featured DAW with a fairly easy learning curve.  It is available as a free download from www.audacityteam.org.  Due to its popularity, help for it can be found on just about any forum that deals with music production or audio recording.

Once you have everthing set up.  Continue recording to the WK-245's internal Song Recorder, as you have been, then set up audacity to record, set up the Song Recorder to play back the desired performance, start Audacity to recording, start the Song Recorder to playing back, and in a few minutes you will be all set.  Audacity will record to a wide selection of audio file types, but I recomend recording to the Windows standard 16 bit 44.1 Khz WAV format, and keeping a copy of that, for posterity, then making conversions to MP3, if required.

Good luck!

- T -

Thank you, T! What if my computer only has a headphone jack? Will that work for the line-in?

And do I need to do anything to trick the computer into thinking it's a mic?

Check your computer's manual to see if the Phones jack is input/output switchable.  If it is not, then you will need a USB-Audio Interface that connects to one of your computer's USB ports and provides you with an audio input.  For more info on these, do a Google or Bing search on USB Audio Interface.  Just a simple $30 to $40 one, that is not much more than a small box with audio connections on the end of a USB cable works just fine, and is all you need.  You do not need a big expensive desk or rack mount unit.  The sound quality is pretty much the same for all of them.

- T -