Video Files on Forum ×

Saving Sequence to a Card

Many apologies, Kurt.  When I responded to your other post on this, I had forgotten that the WK-6600 would save Song Sequencer files directly to the SD Card.  I will correct that response as soon as I am finished here.

Yes! This should work for you.  Did you format the SD Card in the keyboard so that is has a MUSICDAT folder ?  All SD Card files for the WK-6600 go into a MUSICDAT folder.  Once you save the sequence to the card, can you then load it.  If so, then it has to be there somewhere. 

Now, from the list of typical problem areas with this:

If the keyboard is in Card Mode, press the C-7 button to take it out of Card Mode.  You can not load or save data to/from the card when the keyboard is in Card Mode.  Card Mode is for formatting the Card and for playing MIDI files from it - not for loading/saving data.

To load or save a sequence, press the C-3 Song Sequencer button to put the keyboard into Song Sequencer mode.

The Card menu provides for loading/saving Tones, Rhythms, DSP's, User Presets, and Songs (sequences).  Check the top line of the display to ensure that, in this case, you are set up to save a song.

• 6 months later...