Video Files on Forum ×

Almost inaudible sound in Mini Keyboard SA-76

Hi

I own a mini keyboard Casio SA-76 model. The keyboard sound is almost inaudible . When the casio keyboard is powered on, at the beginning there is very feeble sound on pressing keys but as we keep on pressing the keys , soon the tune is almost muted. The volume is set to maximum and the battery sets are new . Initially we thought it to be a battery problem and replaced all the batteries. But no improvement whatsoever.  It may be noted that we are using our keyboard after a long period (after around 6 months). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and warm wishes

Saurav

Hi

Helvetia

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I have never used a power adapter. Always used battery and the sound was fine earlier. Don't have any power adapter. So can't try. However on trying with a headphone there was marginal difference of 10%. After switching on initially the sound is there but after 5-10 seconds it gradually diminishes to the scale of almost zero. Now with headphone on I can make out some very feeble noise and it stays.

11 hours ago, Saurav Choudhury said:

Hi

Helvetia

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I have never used a power adapter. Always used battery and the sound was fine earlier. Don't have any power adapter. So can't try. However on trying with a headphone there was marginal difference of 10%. After switching on initially the sound is there but after 5-10 seconds it gradually diminishes to the scale of almost zero. Now with headphone on I can make out some very feeble noise and it stays.

there is no way to reset this keyboard  and also got no other  output  jacks ...I  am afraid you have to take it to a repair store or open  the keyboard up your self if you know what you are doing ...could be the amplifier problem or simply a loose connector/cable in all cases you have to open  it up      but hard to tell   over the internet  :)      Maybe someone here got other hints  ?

14 hours ago, HELVETIA said:

there is no way to reset this keyboard  and also got no other  output  jacks ...I  am afraid you have to take it to a repair store or open  the keyboard up your self if you know what you are doing ...could be the amplifier problem or simply a loose connector/cable in all cases you have to open  it up      but hard to tell   over the internet  :)      Maybe someone here got other hints  ?

Hi Helvetia

Thanks a lot for the reply. Taking it to the repair shop is the biggest issue in this troubled times. I can't open the keyboard myself either. :)

10 hours ago, Saurav Choudhury said:

Hi Helvetia

Thanks a lot for the reply. Taking it to the repair shop is the biggest issue in this troubled times. I can't open the keyboard myself either. :)

you are very welcome  but sorry I cannot do more for you in this stage :) only option is to wait until a shop open up again  :)

• 3 weeks later...

First try to clean the battery contacts if corroded. Use e.g. with cotton swab and isopropanol; if impossible to get, use other strong alc or a bit of water and dishwashing detergent and thoroughly dry with a tissue.

Also a corroded speaker switch contact inside a headphone jack can make the speaker fail. If nothing helps, the power amplifier IC or an electrolytic capacitor may be faulty or PCB traces damaged by battery leak (needs soldering to repair).